Identifying Gendered Angles and Impact Stories
This course will enable you to identify the role of gender in journalism practice. The course begin with the individual journalist and audience, moves on to the elements of a gender-cognizant pitch, identifying minefields during reporting and production, and concludes with modules on increasing story impact.
- Understanding your gendered practice
- Developing gender-cognisant pitching
- Navigating gender minefields
- Enhancing story impact – how to “multimedia” your reporting
- Simple exercise for trainees